- 2/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
How To Make Hershey’s Cocoa Fudge
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a large saucepan and mix the ingredients until they are combined.
- Add the milk to the saucepan and stir. Turn the heat on medium-high and continue stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, stop stirring and add your thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 234-degrees or forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla. DON’T STIR!
- Cool to about 130-degrees and stir until some of the sheen from the fudge dulls. This may take a few minutes.
- Pour into a buttered dish.
- Run a knife gently through the fudge to get rid of some of the air bubbles and allow to set up for several hours.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Leave a Reply