If you’ve tried my Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler, you have a hint of this recipe’s process. To make this amazing pecan pie cobbler, you layer the ingredients—melted butter, easy batter, brown sugar tossed pecans—in a baking dish one on top of the other without stirring, which feels completely outrageous until what happens next makes it seem completely reasonable.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust softened to room temperature
- 21/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 41/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream optional
How To Make Pecan Pie Cobbler
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 13×9, glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray.
- Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9″ rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
- In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish.
- Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9″ rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
- Bake 14 to 16 mins or until browned. Reduce oven temp. to 350.
- Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion.
- Bake 30 mins longer or until set. Cool 20 mins on cooling rack.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. if desired.