Parmesan-crusted chicken is boneless chicken coated in grated Parmesan cheese and seasonings, pan-fried for a crispy crust while remaining tender inside. Served as a flavorful main course with sides or in sandwiches.
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Begin by preparing the chicken breasts. Cut each breast in half and gently pound them to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and water together until well blended.
- Add the minced garlic, salt, and black pepper to the egg mixture. Whisk thoroughly to combine the flavors.
- Place the shredded Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, ensuring that it’s coated all over. Allow any excess egg to drip off.
- Transfer the egg-coated chicken to the bowl with the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top, then gently press the cheese onto the chicken. Carefully turn the chicken over and repeat the cheese-coating process on the other side. Shake off any excess cheese. Repeat this step for all the chicken pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, carefully place the coated chicken pieces in it. Let them cook without moving for about 3 minutes. This will allow the cheese to adhere to the chicken and form a crispy crust.
- Using a spatula, lightly press down on each chicken piece to enhance the contact with the skillet. Afterward, flip the chicken over and let it cook for another few minutes until the other side is nicely browned as well.
- Once both sides are golden and the chicken is cooked through, transfer it to a serving plate.
- Your Parmesan-crusted chicken is now ready to be enjoyed. This dish pairs wonderfully with your favorite side dishes and salads.