Crispy Butter Chicken is a delicious dish made with chicken breasts coated in a mixture of Ritz cracker crumbs, garlic salt, and black pepper. Baked with butter, it has a crispy exterior and tender, moist interior. Perfect as a main course with various sides. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying recipe!
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- In two separate shallow bowls, place the beaten eggs in one and the Ritz cracker crumbs mixed with garlic salt and black pepper in the other.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, ensuring they are fully coated. Then dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere the crumbs to the chicken and coat it evenly.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Scatter the pieces of butter on top of the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the coating turns golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken; it should register 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
- Once done, remove the dish from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.