Lemon Lush is a delightful dessert with layers of vanilla wafer crust, creamy filling, lemon pudding, and topped with white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Chilled until firm, it offers a refreshing and tangy flavor. Enjoy this treat for any occasion!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant lemon pudding
- 2 oz white chocolate bar, grated
- 16 oz whipped topping, thawed or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine the melted butter with vanilla wafer crumbs, half of the chopped macadamia nuts, granulated sugar, and white chocolate chips. Reserve 2 tablespoons of finely crushed nuts for topping. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden and set. Allow it to cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract until fluffy. Gently fold in 16 oz (1 tub) of whipped topping or 4 cups of sweetened fresh whipped cream. Spread this mixture over the cooled crust.
- Next, whip together both packages of lemon pudding with 4 cups of cold milk until thickened. Pour the lemon pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Frost the dessert with the remaining 16 oz of whipped topping or 4 cups of sweetened fresh whipped cream. Sprinkle the top with grated white chocolate and the reserved finely chopped macadamia nuts.
- Refrigerate the dessert for at least 4 hours before cutting into delightful slices.