Crazy Crust Pie is a unique dessert where the crust forms as it bakes. A batter made from flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, milk, and egg serves as the base. Fruit pie filling is poured into the center, leaving a border. Optional sugar or cinnamon-sugar can be sprinkled on top. After baking, the result is a delightful blend of soft, cake-like texture and fruity sweetness.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 oz.) fruit pie filling (e.g., apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry)
- Sugar (or cinnamon-sugar)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the softened butter or margarine to the dry ingredients. Mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the milk and the egg, beating well until the batter is smooth.
- Grease a 9″ pie plate and pour the batter into it, spreading it evenly.
- Gently pour the fruit pie filling into the center of the batter, leaving about 1 inch of space from the edge.
- If using apple or peach filling, sprinkle the top with sugar or cinnamon-sugar to add a touch of sweetness and flavor.
- Place the pie plate in the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through.
- Once done, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve your delicious Crazy Crust Fruit Pie warm, and enjoy this delightful dessert!
This recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Feel free to customize the type of fruit pie filling and the sugar or spice toppings based on your preferences.