- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 pound minced meat
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1 C black beans, drain & rinse
- 1 C red kidney beans, drain & rinse
- 26 ounces chopped tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups (1000 ml) chicken broth
- 10 ounces of uncooked pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded cheese
- 2 tsp chop parsley
How To Make Baked Cheesy Chili Mac
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced meat and cook until the pink color disappears. Since I’m using lean ground beef, there’s no need to trim off the fat, but if you’re using larger ground beef, get rid of any fat.
2. Stirring in onion & garlic & cooking for 3 min
3. Add chili, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and mix. Add black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, and elbow macaroni. Stir everything until it boils. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and simmer for 9 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
4. Add a cup of shredded cheese and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese on top. Cover the bowl for one minute until the cheese melts.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve
Leave a Reply