This southern fried chicken recipe is a thing dreams are made of. Crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside, the perfect chicken recipe.
If you are new to Fried Chicken, this recipe is super easy to make and requires minimal ingredients so it is pretty much foolproof and I’ll walk you for the steps below.
This is one of those recipes that you will want to make for your family time and time again and serve with all your favorite side dishes, which are so so many!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning mix
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
How To Make Southern Fried Chicken Batter
- Place the chicken pieces into the bag and shake the bag to coat all the pieces
- Remove the chicken and dip each piece into the egg mixture
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour mixture one more time, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet to 375*
- Brown the chicken on each side and then reduce the heat of the pan.
- Allow the chicken to continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
- The internal temp of the chicken should reach 165* before serving.
- Drain on paper towels and then serve.