This appetizer is undeniably adorable, but don’t be fooled, they won’t last long before being devoured. It’s a breeze to whip up and serves as the ideal prelude to sports games, parties, celebrations, or even casual hangouts among friends.
- ½ pound ham, shaved thin
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry
- Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Lay out the puff pastry sheets and cut them into 3 ½ inch squares. Arrange the squares in a diamond shape on the prepared baking trays.
- Spread ½ tsp of Dijon Mustard across the center of each square in the diamond shape.
- Place some ham on top of the mustard, and sprinkle grated cheese over the ham.
- Apply a small dab of egg yolk on the top corner of the pastry square.
- Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling, then pull the top corner down and over the center, creating a puff. Gently press the egg yolk corner to the bottom pastry to seal it. Repeat this process for all the squares.
- Brush the tops of the puffs with the remaining egg yolk.
- Carefully place the ham and cheese puffs on the baking trays and place them in the preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the puffs turn a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still warm. These puffs can also be enjoyed cold.
- Enjoy these delicious Ham and Cheese Puffs!
Note: This recipe makes for a delightful appetizer that can be enjoyed during sports games, parties, celebrations, or casual gatherings with friends.