Marry Me Chicken is a dish known for its creamy sauce and flavorful chicken. It’s made with chicken, butter, garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, cheese, and seasonings like herbs and sun-dried tomatoes. The chicken is pan-seared and then baked in the creamy sauce. It’s a popular and indulgent recipe for special occasions.
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- Olive oil (for pan-searing)
- Seasonings to taste:
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cajun seasoning
- Black pepper
- Italian herbs
- Salt (optional, as some seasonings might already contain salt)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp White cooking wine (optional, can substitute with chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Shredded Parmesan or Italian cheese
- Salt (if needed, to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Italian herbs (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the chicken thighs generously on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, black pepper, paprika, Italian herbs, and a pinch of salt (if desired).
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken thighs and pan-sear them on both sides until they develop a golden-brown crust. This should take about 3-4 minutes per side. Once seared, transfer the chicken thighs to a separate baking pan or casserole dish.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth, add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and then stir in the heavy whipping cream. Season the sauce with salt, black pepper, and Italian herbs to your taste. You can also add the white cooking wine at this stage if you prefer.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly. Stir in the shredded Parmesan or Italian cheese, and continue stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth and creamy.
- Pour the creamy garlic Parmesan sauce over the pan-seared chicken thighs in the baking pan or casserole dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce is bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare your favorite mashed potatoes according to your preferred recipe.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven. Serve the creamy garlic Parmesan chicken over the mashed potatoes, and garnish with some fresh herbs, if desired.