- 1 Onion (diced)
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of celery soup
- 2 tbsp. Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Poultry seasoning
- 2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 can Buttermilk refrigerated biscuits
- 2 c. Frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted)
- Black pepper to taste
How To Make Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Layer the chopped onion on the bottom of your crockpot.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the chopped onion in a single layer.
- In a mixing bowl, place 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Pour a can of cream of celery soup into the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of poultry seasoning to the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Stir all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl, and pour over top of the chicken thighs in the crockpot.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth over top of the chicken.
- Set the crockpot to high for 5 hours and close the lid.
- Do not open the lid until you have just 1 hour of cook time left on the crockpot’s display. With 1 hour left, open the lid and pour in 2 cups of mixed vegetables that have been defrosted.
- Mix them into the crockpot well, shredding the chicken thighs as you stir.
- Open a can of refrigerated biscuits, and flatten each one. Cut each biscuits into 4 long slices.
Leave a Reply