Chili cheese dogs are an all-time favorite summer treat loved by people of all ages, from kids to adults. No matter how old I become, indulging in chili cheese dogs always brings out the inner child in me. In this recipe, I’ve made a slight modification, creating a cleaner and more convenient alternative to the classic chili cheese dog. Brace yourself, because this time, I’ve truly surpassed my own expectations! I’ve transformed this beloved family dish into a delightful casserole. The incredible taste remains unchanged, but the eating experience is now even more enjoyable.
- 2 packages of beef hotdogs
- 2 cans of chili with beans
- 10 flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a 9×13-inch baking pan, spread one can of chili evenly across the bottom.
- Take each hotdog and roll it tightly in a tortilla.
- Place the wrapped hotdogs on top of the chili and beans in the pan.
- Pour the remaining can of chili and beans over the tortilla-wrapped hotdogs.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the foil and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious chili cheese dog casserole!