FOR THE PRALINE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 Philadelphia cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- half cup butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
FOR PRALINE TOPPING
- 1 cup and half evaporated milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup and half of pecan pieces
How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- Blend cream cheese and butter milk until smooth using an electric hand-mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar , beat for 4 minutes until well blended.
- Add pecans , stir and allow to slightly chill before frosting cake.
- Melt butter, evaporated milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil, then reduce heat to medium/low. Let cook for about 15 minutes without stirring.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and stir until combined .
- Remove from heat and pour one and a half cups of pecan pieces into mixture and stir mixing completely.
- Use your favorite yellow cake recipe to make three layers , spread your desired amount of praline cream cheese frosting onto first layer, then add second layer and spread second layer of frosting , and now top with third cake layer.
- Let the cake chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes .Then frost sides and the top and retur it to the refrigerator for 2 more hours .
SERVE AND ENJOY !!!