Baked beans are such classic summer cookout/bbq food… and really easy to make yourself! Don’t reach for a can of pre-seasoned and full of preservatives beans… whip up these easy and delicious brown sugar and bacon baked beans instead! Your mouth will thank you.
Ingredients ( Servings 8 )
- 1 28 oz can original baked beans such as Bush’s – drain half the liquid
- ¼ C ketchup
- ¼ C mustard
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamarind for gluten free
- ¼ C Breckenridge Bourbon more to taste
- 3 slices bacon
How To Make Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients, except bacon, in a 12″ cast iron skillet or a 9″x13″ baking dish. Stir well.
- Cut bacon into 1″ pieces and spread over the entire top of the beans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until bacon is cooked and beans are piping hot.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!