- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tsp light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust.
- 8 ounces of whipped cream
How To Make The Absolute Best Coconut Cream Pie
1. Bake pie crust according to package directions and let cool completely.
2. Putting milk & light cream in bain-marie. Add the sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 tbsp. cornstarch cold water. Mix well.
4. In bowl, beating egg yolks to light. Adding cornstarch mix to yolks. Blending well.
5. Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
6. Cooking for 5 min, stir constantly.
7. Removing to heat. Adding vanilla & coconut. Stirring Letting stand 31 min.
8. Pour to prepare crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
9. Remove the plastic film. Covering with whip cream.