This delightful dish is incredibly versatile, perfect for lunch, an afternoon meal with tea, or even a satisfying family dinner. It features a delectable combination of crescent roll dough, a variety of savory meats and cheeses, flavorful bell peppers, and aromatic pesto.
- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough
- ¼ pound thinly sliced salami
- ¼ pound thinly sliced pepperoni
- ¼ pound thinly sliced deli ham
- ¼ pound Provolone cheese slices
- ¼ pound Swiss cheese slices
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil flavored pesto
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Open the crescent roll tubes and unroll one of the rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan, slightly pinching the perforations together to seal.
- Layer the ham over the dough, followed by Swiss cheese slices. Lay the salami over the Swiss cheese, and top it with Provolone cheese slices. Arrange the pepperoni over the Provolone, and then add the roasted red peppers on top.
- Roll out the second layer of crescent roll dough and place it on top of the layered ingredients. Pinch the edges together to seal.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pesto, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the top of the crescent roll dough, ensuring it covers the entire surface.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the dish is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Slice into squares and serve.