- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup A.1. Sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- sliced provolone cheese
- hamburger buns, sliders, etc.
How To Make Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef, onion, green pepper, and salt until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir the cornstarch into the ground beef and mix together until the meat is coated in the cornstarch. Add the beef broth, A-1 sauce, and steak seasoning. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer, while stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Mixture should thicken up and will thicken up more once it’s off the heat.
- While meat is simmering, set the oven to broil, and place the buns on a cookie sheet. Butter each bun. Broil for just a few minutes. Watch carefully as they can burn easily.
- When the meat is done use a slotted spoon to scoop it out onto each bottom bun. Place a slice of provolone cheese on the top bun. Broil for a few more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Place the top bun with the cheese on top of the bottom bun with the philly cheesesteak meat. Eat warm!
Nutrition information is for ⅙ of the meat, one slice of provolone cheese, and one hamburger bun.If you are using slider buns or feeding lots of little kids then this recipe easily serves 8 sloppy joes. I highly recommend toasting the buns! If you don’t have the time or just don’t want to, simply serve the sloppy joe meat in a hamburger bun and eat it as is. Still yummy!I know I will get comments saying that these are not real, true, or authentic Philly Cheesesteaks. Yes, I know. They are meant to be a fast, family-friendly, budget-friendly version of the original.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 937mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply