- 1 lb loaf French bread, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6-7 bananas, 1 sliced, the rest chopped
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter, chopped
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugars, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add bread and chopped bananas and stir to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight if desired.
- Bake, covered, until set, 35-40 minutes. Meanwhile, make the streusel:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add the butter and mash until the mixture is crumbly.
- When the casserole is nearly done, top with streusel and sliced banana and bake uncovered until golden brown, 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!