Many of you will be familiar with Woolworths’ beloved lunch counter. Woolworths is well-known for its signature Icebox Cheesecake. We don’t know how this classic was forgotten, but we are so glad that we did and recreated it. Woolworth Icebox Cheesecake, a no-bake lemon dessert, is easy to make and is perfect for when you want something light and refreshing at the end.
- 1 (3 oz.) package lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk, chilled
How To Make No-Bake Woolworth Icebox Cheesecake
- In a medium bowl, dissolve jello in boiling water. Let cool 5-10 minutes, or until slightly thick.
- While jello cools, mix 3/4 graham cracker crumbs with melted butter in a medium bowl, then press into the bottom of 9×13-inch pan and set aside. Reserve remaining crumbs for topping.
- In a medium bowl, beat evaporated milk until whipped and fluffy. 2-4 minutes.
- In a separate, large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice together until smooth. Add in thickened jello, then fold in whipped evaporated milk.
- Spread filling evenly over crust and top with reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or overnight. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply