Mexican Tortilla Casserole is an easy-to-prepare, vegetarian meal that’s perfect for weeknight meals or a gathering of friends.
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans (spread easier if you warm them in microwave)
- 1 cup prepared rice (I used Minute Rice)
- 1 can Mexican blend corn (DRAINED)will only use about 1/2 can
- 4-5 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz of thick chunky salsa (your choice mild or hot)
How To Make Mexican Tortilla Casserole
Spray a spring form, round cake pan or casserole with cooking spray
Brown ground beef ,and onion and drain
Add taco seasonings and cook according to package direction
Lay 1 tortilla in bottom of baking dish and spread 1/3 of bean on it ,top with 1/3 of the meat and sprinkle on some cheese .
2nd layer tortilla, 1/2 the rice, 1/2 salsa, 1/2 the corn and cheese
3rd layer tortilla, 1/3 beans ,1/3meat, cheese
4 layer tortilla . beans ,meat, corn, rice, salsa and cheese
Bake covered with foil at 350 for about 40 minutes uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer. let sit 5 minutes before cutting . After baking top with sour cream, diced onion and shredded lettuce if desired.
Leave a Reply