Raise your hand if you love meatball subs? Now how would you like to take all those flavors you love about a meatball sub and turn it into a casserole? Well, here ya go folks. This was the best tasting casserole I have had in a while. Not only was it super easy to make but the flavors blended so well together.
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
How To Make Meatball Sub Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or fry in a skillet on medium heat).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13×9 baking dish. (All of the bread might not be used.).
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
- Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
Leave a Reply