Presenting a recipe that’s perfect for maximizing your food budget while savoring two of your all-time favorite dishes. Chicken stuffed with Lasagna not only satisfies your taste buds but also aligns with a keto-friendly eating plan. Indulge in this comforting masterpiece that brings together the best of both worlds.
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (1 ½ cups and 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce, divided (1 cup and ½ cup)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Carefully make a lengthwise slit in each chicken breast without cutting all the way through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Spread marinara sauce on both sides of the slit in each chicken breast using a spoon.
- Spoon a generous amount of the ricotta mixture into the slit of each chicken breast.
- Fold the top section of the chicken breast over the bottom section to enclose the filling.
- Spoon more marinara sauce over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each chicken breast.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables.