Hamburger casserole is a hearty and comforting dish that combines the flavors of ground beef, pasta, and gooey melted cheese. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes for a satisfying family meal. In this article, we will explore the ingredients, cooking techniques, and serving suggestions for the best ground beef casserole. So, let’s dive in and discover the delights of this delicious and versatile dish.
What Is Ground Beef Casserole?
Ground beef casserole is a flavorful and filling dish that combines cooked pasta, seasoned ground beef, tomato soup, and a generous amount of melted cheese. It is baked to perfection, creating a comforting and satisfying meal that is loved by both kids and adults alike. This casserole is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a comforting dish without spending too much time in the kitchen.
What Is the Best Way To Cook Ground Beef?
For this ground beef casserole recipe, start by browning and chopping the ground beef in a large skillet. Season it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, or any other seasonings of your choice. Browning the beef helps enhance its flavor and creates a delicious base for the casserole.
Can I Make Ground Beef Casserole With Lean Meat?
Absolutely! You can use lean ground beef to make this casserole. Lean meat will reduce the fat content of the dish while still providing plenty of flavor. Be sure to drain any excess fat after browning the beef to keep the casserole lighter.
What To Serve With Ground Beef Casserole
Ground beef casserole is a complete meal on its own, but you can serve it with a side salad or steamed vegetables to add freshness and balance to the plate. Additionally, garlic bread or dinner rolls are great options for mopping up any extra sauce.
Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply place a portion in the microwave or oven until heated through. The flavors may even intensify after sitting overnight, making it a great option for meal prepping.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Feel free to customize your ground beef casserole with additional ingredients. You can add diced onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the skillet when browning the beef for extra flavor and texture. If you prefer a spicier kick, add some crushed red pepper flakes or your favorite hot sauce. You can also experiment with different cheese combinations to suit your taste preferences.
Hamburger casserole is a delicious and comforting dish made with pasta, ground beef, tomato soup, and melted cheese. It’s a crowd-pleasing meal that’s easy to prepare and perfect for gatherings or family dinners.
1 (1lb) box medium pasta shells
1lb ground beef
2 (10oz) cans tomato soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup water
Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta, tomato soup, and half a cup of water to the skillet with the beef. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and mix in half of the shredded cheddar and all of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. You can also turn on the broiler for the last 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy your homemade hamburger casserole!