Looking for the best Cranberry Orange Bread recipe ever? This yogurt bread is packed with cranberry and orange flavor and it is perfect for the holidays. Use as a special breakfast or lunch, this bread makes a great addition to any meal.
For the Loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
For the Orange Syrup:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
How To Make Cranberry Orange Bread with Simple Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the cranberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the orange syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir together the orange juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the orange syrup. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Let the loaf cool completely.
- To make the orange glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the orange juice. The mixture should be thick but pourable. Add up to another tablespoon of orange juice if the mixture is too stiff. Pour the orange glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides. Let the orange glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Leave a Reply