This Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe takes everything that is good about a cinnamon roll and turns it into an over-the-top dessert that is sure to become a new family favorite.
There are few things in this world that can rival the perfection of a cinnamon roll. Fluffy, buttery dough wrapped around a generous filling of sugar and spice, all topped off with a creamy glaze… is there anything more heavenly? Perhaps only one thing: a cinnamon roll in cake form.
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 8 tbsp Butter, Melted
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Sugar, Granulated
- 3 cup All Purpose Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 16 tbsp Butter, Softened
- 1 ½ cup Sugar, Powdered
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients needed for the cake, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Layer the batter in a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix together the topping ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the topping over the cake batter, and swirl to combine.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Blend together the frosting ingredients and spread over the cake while it is still a bit warm.