List Of Ingredients
- 1 pound chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 pound) packages brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda ®)
- 2 cups sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
How To Make Christmas Baklava
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Stir the pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl until evenly blended. Drizzle in the honey and vanilla, mixing well.
- Place the brown sugar substitute, white sugar substitute, evaporated milk, and butter in a pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 12 to 15 minutes. Gradually stir in the pecan mixture. Remove from heat.
- Unroll 3 sheets of phyllo and place in the prepared baking pan. Dust lightly with flour. Spoon a thin layer of the pecan-sugar mixture over the phyllo sheets. Cover with 3 more phyllo sheets, dust with flour, and spoon the pecan-sugar mixture over the phyllo. Repeat three more times ending with phyllo sheets on top, and using all the phyllo and pecan-sugar mixture to make a stack about 1 inch high.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely before dusting with confectioners’ sugar, and cutting into 2 inch squares.