- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups white long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, uncooked
- 10.5 oz. Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
How To Make Broccoli Rice Cheese and Chicken Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with Italian seasoning and desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Note: This step is not needed if using a cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, olive oil, and rice to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover tightly and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli (if using fresh) and replace the cover. Cook for 8 more minutes. Refrain from stirring.
- Turn off the heat and remove the cover. Let the rice stand for 10 minutes, do not stir. Any rice on the bottom of the pot will release.
- Add the cooked chicken, soup, milk, sour cream, optional seasonings, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Add to a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.