Ingredients ( Serving 8 )
- 8 slices of bread
- ⅓ C.Raisins
- 1 ½C.Milk
- ¼ C.Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Large eggs
- ¼ C.Granulated sugar + some for topping
- 2 Tbsp.Butter softened
How To Make Bread and Butter Pudding
- Cut the crust off of the pieces of bread, butter one side of each slice, and cut the slices in half diagonally to form triangles.
- Place a layer of the bread slices butter side up in a well greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the raisins and cinnamon over the layer of bread.
- Add the second layer of bread on top of the first and top with the remaining raisins and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, warm the milk and heavy whipping cream, but do not allow it to boil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Slowly add a little of the warmed milk mixture to the bowl with the egg mixture, and whisk well to combine.
- Once the egg mixture has been tempered, whisk it into the milk mixture in the saucepan once removed from the heat.
- Pour the custard mixture over the bread in the baking dish, and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Leave a Reply