Almond is one of the most loved and most popular nuts worldwide which is readily available throughout the year. It is commonly eaten raw and also added to sweet and delicious dishes. And aside from being the most loved, it is also nowadays known to have the most popular benefits of having a massive amount of nutrients like fiber, protein and monounsaturated fats.
Almonds help prevent heart disease and below are the reasons.
- Almond is high in monounsaturated fats which is a health promoting fat that reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Incorporating at least 20% of calories from almonds will decrease the LDL (lipoproteins) which is a bad cholesterol causing heart disease.
- Almond is loaded with antioxidants which fights stress and prevents cancer, also preventing heart attacks due to stress.
- Almond is also high in magnesium which is responsible for veins and arteries to relax and let the blood flow easily. This means that if arteries and veins are in good condition, the blood that goes and leaves the heart is also in good flow preventing high blood pressures.
- Almond is also rich in potassium which is responsible for muscle contractions including the heart muscles. Without potassium, the heart muscles will abnormally contract resulting to a form of heart disease.